Weekly Recap: Jumanji, Gems, Jewell, Bombshell & More!
It's a very big week for movies, as several new releases hit theaters and streaming. The big release is the Jumanji sequel, which is enjoyable. There's also Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell and Bombshell, two films taking on media in their own ways. Terrence Malick is back with another visually terrific drama. Michael Bay has a visually excessive action flick. Best of all is Uncut Gems, where Adam Sandler is at his best. There's also still the list of various award contenders still in theaters and now on home media, and various streaming services. And there are still some other releases to check out as well, including Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood and It: Chapter Two, which are now available as a home release. There are also plenty of new trailers to dig into as well. And lastly, be sure to enjoy our latest podcast covering The Irishman. Enjoy and thanks for reading!
New to Theaters:
(All Reviews Are Linked)
- Jumanji: The Next Level - Another surprisingly good Jumanji sequel.
- Richard Jewell - Clint Eastwood's average feature about another unsung hero.
- Uncut Gems - Adam Sandler gives his best performance ever.
- Bombshell - A real misfire, wasting its potential.
- A Hidden Life - Terrence Malick's spiritual and narrative-driven WWII film.
- 6 Underground - Michael "Boom Boom" Bay is back, no robots included.
New On 4K/Blu-ray/DVD/Streaming:
- The Aeronauts
- Ad Astra
- Apollo 11
- Avengers: Endgame
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Booksmart - On Hulu
- Dark Waters
- Dolemite Is My Name - On Netflix
- The Farewell
- Ford v Ferrari
- Honey Boy
- The Irishman - On Netflix
- Jojo Rabbit
- The Last Black Man in San Francisco - On Prime
- The Lighthouse
- The Mustang
- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
- Pain & Glory
- Queen & Slim
- The Report - On Prime
- Transit - On Prime
- Toy Story 4
- The Irishman - Aaron is joined by Robert Daniels and Markus Robinson to discuss Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman (or I Heard Your Paint Houses)
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Commentary - Aaron is joined by Brandon Peters, Scott Mendelson, and Yancy Berns to discuss Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, the final commentary for the Lucas-era of Star Wars films.
- All Episodes
Trailers & Other Articles Of Note:
- In The Heights
- Wonder Woman 1984
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife
- Free Guy
- The Grudge
- Behind the Scenes of 1917
- Hollywood Critics Association 2019 Nominations
- February Criterion Releases
- Godzilla Is Getting Closer
- Godzilla Criterion Box Set Announcement
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters Podcast