Weekly Recap: Frozen 2, Mr. Rogers, 21 Bridges, Dark Waters, & More!
Another huge week here, with Disney releasing Frozen 2 to the world. If that's not enough, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and 21 Bridges are good options out there when Thanksgiving hits next week. I also put together a list of reviews I have for the various award contenders still in theaters and now on home media. And there are still some other releases to check out as well, including Blinded by the Light, which is now available as a home release. There are also plenty of new trailers to dig into as well. And lastly, be sure to enjoy our latest podcast covering Ford v Ferrari. Enjoy and thanks for reading!
New to Theaters:
(All Reviews Are Linked)
- Frozen 2 - Instead of letting it go, Disney made a decent sequel.
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - A Mr. Rogers biopic that works because it's not actually a biopic.
- 21 Bridges - Chadwick Boseman is too cool for this standard, but entertaining, cop flick.
- Dark Waters - Mark Ruffalo in another film based on a true story about corruption where he can yell, "They knew!"
New On 4K/Blu-ray/DVD/Streaming:
- Blinded By The Light - A winning coming-of-age film with lots of Bruce Springsteen.
- Ad Astra
- Apollo 11
- Avengers: Endgame
- Dolemite Is My Name
- The Farewell
- Ford v Ferrari
- Honey Boy
- The Irishman
- Jojo Rabbit
- The Last Black Man in San Francisco
- The Lighthouse
- The Mustang
- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
- Pain & Glory
- The Report
- Toy Story 4
Trailers & Other Articles Of Note:
- The Call of the Wild - Harrison Ford and a dog. Sold.
- Cats - No Harrison Ford or dogs... I mean...
- Antebellum - A horror film using Civil War imagery to be spooky? Neat.
- Emma - The latest Austen adaptation.
- The Irishman - One more great trailer for Scorsese's latest.
- Spies in Disguise - Da Skies are falling!
- February Criterion Releases
- Godzilla Is Getting Closer
- Godzilla Criterion Box Set Announcement
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters Podcast