Out Now 400: Part 2 – Recapping the 2010s
This week's Out Now with Aaron and Abe is the second half of a decade discussion. Aaron and Abe are joined by Le Noir Auteur’s Terence Johnson and (briefly) Awards Circuit’s Mark Johnson to go over their thoughts on the role movies played during the 2010s as a whole. With a reflection on the individual bests of the decade lists in mind, the group goes over their thoughts on a wide array of topics including the blockbusters of the 2010s (namely the MCU), the role of animation, documentaries, independent, international, and horror films, a larger response to female filmmakers and LGBTQ representation, the future of cinema, and more. So now, if you’ve got an hour or two to kill, enjoy…
Of course, in addition to this episode, there are previous episodes to be found on the HHWLOD Podcast Network, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, and at Podomatic for past episodes and some exclusives. You can also have fun participating on the official Facebook page for Out Now (“Like” it), which features weekly questions for listeners, updates from Aaron and Abe’s personal blogs, and various photos. You can also follow us on Twitter Instagram, and Tumblr. Finally, feel free to e-mail the show at OutNowPodcast@gmail.com with any other sort of feedback.
[The purpose of this section is to highlight areas mentioned or referenced during the show.]
- Get yourself a free audiobook and help out the show at AudibleTrial.com/OutNowPodcast!
- Follow all of us on Twitter: @Outnow_Podcast, @AaronsPS, @TerenceBJohnson, @MarkLikesMovies
- Check out all of our sites and blogs: TheCodeIsZeek.com, Why So Blu?, We Live Entertainment, Le Noir Auteur, Awards Circuit
- Aaron’s Top Ten Films of the Decade
- Mark Johnson’s Top Ten Films of the Decade
- Terence Johnson’s Top Ten Films of the Decade